Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The Shop Girl's Report- "ChristianActivities.com"

I was talking to Darla the other day about men. A lot of shop girls are single and caught up in the dating rat race. Darla had met a cute shop boy at the Mattress Store. He came in our store several times to scope her out. She was excited when he asked her out but less than excited when he didn't call her the day of their date. She got all fixed up -- and Darla doesn't take much fixing up with her exotic cafe au lait coloring and lovely features. But when he did finally call it was to try to change the plans where he would no longer pick her up but meet her at a central location at a later time. His ardent pursuit had changed to a wishy-washy uncertainty. "Men!" I said and rolled my eyes. "Yeah," said Darla. "He was a total waste of hair spray."

It is especially hard for single Christian shop girls to meet nice men. Often, as in my case, working two jobs prevents me from being very active with a church, and I don't have any free time to socialize. When I do get a rare night off, I usually have to spend it catching up on chores. So, on the rare occasion I get a night off and decide to go out, it is vitally important I spend the night doing something "quality."

I have found websites like ChristianActivities.com to be very helpful in finding good events to attend, good music to listen to, and good articles to read.

Tonight our mall is letting all the little ones trick or treat in the stores dressed in their Halloween costumes. Shop girls who work nights may not usually get to go out and have fun... but sometimes the fun comes to us!

No comments: