Thursday, February 12, 2009

Protect Yourself from a Con Artist or Scam - Yahoo! Voices


Protect Yourself from a Con Artist or Scam - Yahoo! Voices

 This article was inspired by my bad experience this past Christmas when this shop girl was scammed at a "charity" event and provides some tips on how to protect yourself and your business from scams and con artists:

This past Christmas , I had a disturbing experience when I was asked by someone on a mutual Mayberry list to help him promote a charity event to benefit children with terminal illnesses. He sent me an email requesting I promote this event to all my internet groups and Social Networks for him, and then he asked me to supply some Mayberry poetry books he could sell with a percentage of proceeds going to benefit the charity. The only thing I did right on the front end was to decline to just drop off books.

Read more: Protect Yourself from a Con Artist or Scam - Yahoo! Voices

Also see: Conned at Christmas - a True Story - Yahoo! Voices

No comments: