Thursday, August 16, 2012

Make Money on Twitter with Sponsored Tweets



Twitter is fun. You can share photos, updates and links with your friends and follow your favorite celebrities. But did you know you can actually earn a little money on Twitter?

Through a program called Sponsored Tweets, if you have more than 200 followers, you can sign up to run occasional ads on your Twitter page. You set up a quick account, select some topics you Tweet about, select how much you want to charge per ad, and Sponsored Tweets will contact you when advertisers want to target your followers. You can chose to accept or decline each ad as you see fit.

I have more than one Twitter account because I write frequently about several specific topics. Since I don't like to spam my followers, I have separate Twitter accounts so each group gets to read Tweets on topics they care about. I am very picky about the ads I send out, and I decline about 1/3 of the ads sent to me because I think they will be of little interest to my followers.

After tweaking their program over the past couple of years, Sponsored Tweets has become a nice platform for earning a little extra money.


My Earnings with Sponsored Tweets

These are the earnings from just one of my Twitter accounts. On this particular account, I am asking a price for ads that's a little higher than average, so I don't get as many offers. In spite of turning some advertisers away because I charge more than average, and in spite of declining about 1/3 of my offers, my total sales are $127.82, just for Tweeting posts related to topics I already post about on this one Twitter account. I have earned $93.79 from my own Tweets, I have declined $36.19 worth of ads, and I have made another $34.03 from people who have signed up under me.


Sponsored Tweets also has a "pro" program you have to pay to sign up for that is supposed to provide even more opportunities, but I just use the basic free service.

If you have found this information helpful and would like to earn money with Sponsored Tweets, please use my link: http://spon.tw/r1Bz5

Related:
Make Money Writing Online: Where to Write


Leave me a comment below if you have any questions!

No comments: